The American College Testing (ACT) is a national college admission examination that consists of subject-area tests in English, math, science, and reading with an optional writing test. All 4-year colleges and universities in the United States accept ACT results and the results from these tests must be included as part of the application admission to most four-year colleges and universities. Because admissions are becoming increasingly competitive, a higher ACT test scores can give students an edge on the competition.
This course is designed to help students prepare for this important assessment by focusing on specific Mathematics content tested on the ACT and will help students develop valuable test-taking strategies to improve their scores.
Sponsor Department: Office of Pre-College Programs
Camp Type: 1 Week Residential or Commuter, non-credit
Seats Available: 24 max
- Be in good academic and conduct standing at the time of admission. The school can be public, private, parochial, or even home educated.
- Complete the online application.
|Day of the Week
(Summer 2018 TBD)
8:00am – 12:00pm
1:00pm – 4:30pm
Registration for a camp or program is a two-part process – the online registration form and additional documentation. Both parts must be submitted to our office before a student is confirmed for enrollment in the program.
- Register Online
- Step 1: Go to the online registration portal.
- Step 2: Click “Add Camp to Cart.”
- Step 3: Enter the Student’s Information and click “Continue.”
- Step 4: Review your Cart Information and click “Checkout.”
- Enter your email address and click “Continue Unregistered.”
- Select the appropriate payment method and follow the prompts to complete the payment transaction. If you have a discount/scholarship code, you can enter it on the right side of the page and click “Apply.”
- Step 5: Enter the Parent/Guardian and Emergency Contact Information. Click “Submit.” You will receive an emailed receipt and confirmation of registration. Please retain a copy of this receipt for your reference and tax purposes.
- Submit Medical Form
- We value the safety and well-being of all our participating students. In the case emergency or medical attention is required, ALL camps and programs require parents to submit medical forms on behalf of the student. Please DO NOT forget to return this form to our office as this will hold up the registration process for your student. If you have already submitted the medical form for a camp this summer, you will not have to submit it again. We do not retain medical documentation from previous summers.
- Step 1: Download and complete the Summer Medical Form (at top of page) with the appropriate student and parent information.
- Step 2: Attach a copy of:
- Student’s insurance card,
- Parent’s driver’s license
- Shot records with the last Tetanus Immunization or Booster Shot, and
- Any other medical documents needed to seek treatment
- Step 3: Send the form and attachments to our office at: Outreach and Continuing Education, Office of Pre-College Programs, The University of Mississippi, P.O. Box 1848, University, MS 38677-1848.
- For the security of you and your student’s information, please do not email or fax medical forms to our office. We request that you mail or bring the forms to our office.
- Submit Agreement
- The Office of Pre-College Programs has set guidelines and rules in place for the safety of the students participating in our camps and programs. Please review these guidelines and rules and discuss with your student(s) before the first day of the program. The Agreement Form is available at the top of the page.
For additional information, please contact: