NYIE at a Glance
University of Mississippi students will have the opportunity to gain practical experience in the Big Apple through the New York Internship Experience (NYIE), a program that integrates course work and internships every summer term for 20 students.
Students select internships according to their areas of interest, such as government, the media, or a national institution in a variety of fields, federal agencies, and private industries. International relations, journalism, law, engineering, public relations, business, the arts, political science, pharmacy, accountancy, and criminal justice are among the many specialties that students can pursue.
The program is open to undergraduate and graduate students (including international students) in all colleges and schools at UM.
As a student in the New York Internship Experience, students can:
- Earn up to 9 hours of academic credit
- Pay regular UM tuition and fees
- Continue to receive your financial aid while participating in the NYIE
- Work approximately 32 hours per week in an internship
- Live with other program students in on eof New York's most desireable neighborhoods
- Connect with leaders in all fields
- Experience the art and culture of one of the world’s most exciting cities
How to Contact Us:
NYIE Program Coordinator
217 E. F. Yerby Conference Center
P.O. Box 879
The University of Mississippi
University, MS 38677
Phone: (662) 915-6511
Fax: (662) 915-5138