For All Prospective Students
During each session of the JumpStart Program at the University of Mississippi, our students will:
- Earn up to six (6) credit hours that fulfill the University’s general education requirements and lighten their course load for the fall semester.
- Automatically receive up to a three (3) credit hour tuition scholarship.
- Be a member of a living-learning community with academic and social support by faculty, staff, and peers.
- Become a University student with the tools and support needed to succeed when the fall semester begins.
- Learn how to study and manage time by attending the study hall or tutoring sessions.
- Participate in fun and informative programs outside of class.
- Network and develop lasting, life-long friendships and relationships
- Participate in small, informal classes designed specifically for JumpStart.
- Live in a residence hall with other UM JumpStart and current UM students.
- Challenge themselves and build leadership and team-building skills.
For Developmental Students
JumpStart was developed with two very different sets of student in mind, including the student who needs that extra support or needs to take a developmental class or two. These students will:
- Take pre-requisite or developmental courses to get a handle on material and advance to major coursework in the Fall.
- Learn study skills and time management skills specific to the student’s learning style.
- Have the ability to get tutoring and academic support for coursework.
- Have a smooth transition into college life without all the pressure and stress that Fall semester can bring.
For Advanced Students
JumpStart was developed with two very different sets of student in mind, including the students who is prepared for college and wants to get ahead in their respective degree program. These students will:
- Take general liberal arts courses to fulfill a core curriculum requirement or take a introductory course specific to the student’s major.
- Lighten their Fall/Spring schedule, giving more time for challenging coursework in the Fall
- Develop a cohort of new friends over the summer.
- Adjust to college life at Ole Miss and Oxford.
- Get a jumpstart on all of the other incoming freshmen.
For All Prospective Students
Students wishing to attend the Jumpstart Program at the University of Mississippi must meet or exceed the following admissions criteria:
- Applicant must have applied and have been accepted to the University of Mississippi as an incoming freshman in Fall 2016.
- Applicant must have received his/her student ID number (not application number) and have activated his/her WebID and password.
- The student ID number is an 8-digit number starting with “1”. This number may be preceded by zeroes. (Example: 00107XXXXX) This number appears on the student’s admission letter.
- The WebID and password are associated with my.OleMiss.edu, Ole Miss Gmail, Blackboard, and other University of Mississippi web applications, including the JumpStart application. The WebID consists of a student’s first and middle initial and partial/full last name. (Example: Former Ole Miss football coach John Howard Vaught’s student WebID would be “jhvaught”) Passwords are immediately changed by the student upon activation of the WebID.
JumpStart Online Application
To apply to the JumpStart Program at the University of Mississippi, please follow the following steps:
- Go to JumpStart Application »
- Enter student, parent, and other program-related information.
- Submit the application and proceed to payment portal.
- Pay $300 application* and programming fee using Visa or MasterCard credit/debit card.
After you submit payment, you will receive a confirmation email and receipt.
|| July 10
|| July 25
*Due to limited space and high volumes of applications, the JumpStart application may be closed earlier than the deadline listed above if available spots and waitlist capacity have been reached.