Benefits of JumpStart
The JumpStart Program at the University of Mississippi is very beneficial for the student’s transition from high school to college but even better for parents. These are just a few of the benefits that parents need to know about:
- JumpStart students are awarded a half-tuition scholarship automatically for their summer classes during the program. That is over $800 in savings that can be put toward anything else the student needs!
- Students are supported every step of the way as they transition from high school to college life and start balancing their new freedoms with new responsibilities.
- Students (and parents) can try out college for the first time…and figure out the whole you need to call home every so often bit and easing the student into being independent because a professor is not going to talk a student’s parent about a grade (sorry, not happening!)
- JumpStart students are surrounded by other JumpStarters and mentored by specially-trained JumpStart Counselors who have actually gone through our program and know how to support incoming freshmen.
- Students learn new study and time-management skills that will promote the student’s success in college.