Click here to download a printable checklist.
- Apply to Ole Miss
Go to http://olemiss.edu/applynow/. Select “Undergraduate Admission.” Follow the prompts and pay the application fee.
- Take the ACT/SAT (again and again...it doesn’t hurt to have a higher score)
This score determines not only your acceptance to Ole Miss, but it also affects potential scholarships and whether or not you meet the pre-requisites for some college courses.
- Get Accepted!
Once you receive your letter in the mail, you are on your way to getting here first! Don’t forget to read through ALL of the materials Ole Miss sent you! You may miss something important, like setting up your myOleMiss account and webmail.
Applying to Jumpstart
- Apply for JumpStart and GET HERE FIRST!
Go to https://web6.olemiss.edu/outreach/jumpstart/apply.php. Registration for JumpStart is quick and painless. Also, be prepared with your Visa or MasterCard to pay the non-refundable registration fee of $300 per session. This is a great deal for all of the programming that we offer during the summer.
- Register for Ole Miss Freshman Orientation - Opens in early March. Be at your computer.
Go to http://orientation.olemiss.edu/programs/programs-freshmen-and-family-members/ffm-how-to-sign-up/. ALL JumpStart students must attend an Ole Miss Freshman Orientation session BEFORE attending JumpStart this summer. Ole Miss Orientation offers nine (9) orientation sessions that are perfect fits for our JumpStart students. If you want to be in First Summer JumpStart, be at your computer at 8:30 a.m. ready to sign up when the application goes live for Orientation. Spots go fast! Important note: JumpStart staff will not register you for your summer courses. You will register for them with your advisor at Orientation.
- Submit Financial Aid forms and applications.
Go to http://finaid.olemiss.edu/prospective-freshmen/. Incoming freshmen have the potential to be awarded one of many scholarships offered at the University of Mississippi. Most of the time incoming freshmen who eventually start looking for scholarships have missed priority and final deadlines. Typically, priority deadlines are January 15th for special programs and February 1st for other scholarship programs. Please visit the Office of Financial Aid’s website for more details.
- JumpStart students must fill out a “Summer Financial Aid” form on myolemiss.edu to receive the JumpStart scholarship. Summer Aid application typically go live in mid-April.
Go to https://fafsa.ed.gov/. Students may be eligible for federal grants and loans. Most scholarship applications require that a FAFSA be filed with the Office of Financial Aid.
- Students and Parents- A FAFSA needs to be submitted as soon as possible since many scholarship programs at Ole Miss as well as external ones require one to be on file before your scholarship application can be reviewed.
Go to https://studenthousing.olemiss.edu/summer-housing/ The earlier you put in this application, the better chance you have of getting into the residence hall you want for the Fall/Spring semesters. Don’t forget to pay the $75 deposit or the application won’t go through completely.
- JumpStart students must submit a SEPARATE summer student housing application on my.OleMiss.edu for Summer 2019 and pay a $15 deposit for EACH summer session. If you do not complete this step, it WILL hold up your status with JumpStart.
Go to http://healthcenter.olemiss.edu/health-requirements-and-forms/ for more details. ALL freshmen must submit these forms before they can attend Orientation and sign up for classes.
After Applying to Jumpstart
- Get your Ole Miss ID
Go to http://goldweb.idc.olemiss.edu/auxsvcs/idcenter/get_card.php. A student’s Ole Miss ID card is their all-access pass to everything Ole Miss. The Ole Miss ID card is a student’s room key, meal card, debit card, and ticket to Ole Miss sporting events.
- Attend Ole Miss Freshman Orientation.
The most important step for the summer to get here first is Orientation! ALL incoming freshmen are required to attend an Ole Miss Freshman Orientation session to register for classes...and to attend JumpStart.
- Meet your Advisor - At Freshman Orientation, students will meet with their Academic Advisor for their degree program. During this meeting, students will set up a preliminary course schedule for the summer and fall terms. Please understand that this schedule is not a student’s official course schedule.
- Register for Classes - Once a student meets with an advisor, students will receive instruction at Orientation on how to sign up for classes via myOleMiss. Make sure to register for your Summer classes as well as your fall classes.
*Students in special programs (i.e. FASTrack, Intensive Language Programs, etc.) have certain requirements that may need to be considered before registering for classes. Please refer to that program’s website for more details.
JumpStart students will move into the summer residence hall. This is NOT a student’s Fall semester housing arrangement. Since students are typically moving in for only a month, only basic necessities need to be brought for the summer. We do not recommend completely decorating your rooms for the summer only to take it down at the end of the session.
Now it’s time for the Ole Miss KICKOFF. JumpStart students are REQUIRED to attend and learn more about how the JumpStart program works during the summer.