Become an iStudy Instructor
iStudy courses at The University of Mississippi are developed and taught by current or retired University of Mississippi instructors. The Office of College Programs is always interested in developing new courses to offer to students.
As an instructor of an iStudy course, your responsibilities would include:
- Developing an interactive, engaging course on Blackboard;
- Grading lessons and tests within 10 days of being submitted;
- Providing extensive feedback to students through grading and supportive emails when needed;
- Communicating with the iStudy Coordinator regarding any problems or issues that arise.
The iStudy Office offers these support services for our instructors:
- An instructional designer to provide assistance and support;
- Multi-media support, including a facility in Oxford, to record you on video;
- Test proctoring for up to three tests per course;
- Student support services, including online library resources and a toll-free support number;
- All administrative aspects for the course.
Instructors of iStudy courses are paid monthly based on student testing, on a per-student set amount. Additionally, instructors receive a stipend for developing a new course or revising a current course.
Specific Steps for Becoming an iStudy Instructor
If you are interested in developing an iStudy course, please follow these steps:
- Get an overview of the iStudy process by reading through the Quick Start Tutorial.
- Contact the Coordinator of iStudy at (662) 915-1124 if you have specific questions about iStudy or need more information.
- Email a Curriculum Vita and the course you want to develop to email@example.com.
After we receive your information we will request departmental approval. We will then contact you about getting started!