Getting to Oxford
Oxford is located in northwest Mississippi, about 80 miles southeast of Memphis.
Getting Here by Car
Oxford is accessible from Highway 6 (off I-55) and Highway 7 (off US-78). Interstate 55 is 21 miles away and connected to Oxford by a divided four-lane highway, State Highway 6. Ten state highways within Lafayette County make transportation convenient.
- From the south: Travel I-55 North to Batesville. Take MS-6 East to Oxford.
- From the northwest: Travel I-55 South from Memphis to Batesville, Miss. Take MS-6 East to Oxford.
- From the northeast: Travel US-78 West to New Albany, then MS-30 South to Oxford. Or take US-78 West to Holly Springs, then MS-7 South to Oxford.
Getting Here by Plane
The University-Oxford Airport offers a full-service, fixed-base operation. Oxford and Ole Miss are about a 50-minute drive from the Tupelo Regional Airport, one hour from the Memphis International Airport, and three hours from the Jackson-Evers International Airport in Jackson.
- From Memphis Airport: Take Winchester West and follow the signs to Airways Boulevard. Turn left on Airways. Turn right on Shelby Drive then turn left and merge onto I-55 South. Take I-55 to Batesville, Exit 243A. Take MS-6 east to Oxford. (Google Map)
- From Tupelo Airport: Turn left onto West Jackson Street, then left onto Coley Road. Take Coley Road to West Main Street/MS-6. Take MS-6 to Oxford. (Google Map)
- From Jackson Airport: Take International Drive to Airport Road North/MS-475 North. Take Airport Road to Lakeland Drive/MS-25. Take Lakeland Drive west and follow the signs to I-55 North. Travel north on I-55 to Batesville. Take MS-6 east to Oxford. (Google Map)
Transportation in Oxford
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: 662-281-0508 or 800-736-8222
- Sensible Car Rental of Oxford: 662-234-4004
- Greyhound (Batesville, MS): 662-563-3046
Download an Oxford Map
View the Campus Map