UM-Grenada and The UM Office of Financial Aid administer a variety of financial assistance programs designed to help students and their families meet the costs of attending The University. Three basic types of student financial assistance are scholarships, grants, and loans.
Scholarships are gift programs that do not have to be repaid. They are typically awarded in recognition of significant achievement or academic talent. UM-Grenada offers numerous scholarships to help you finance your education. We urge you to apply for as many scholarships as you qualify for.
Grants are gift aid that do not have to be repaid. Grants usually require a demonstration of financial need.
Loans are funds that have to be repaid with interest.
Applying for need based financial aid:
- Completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application is required for all forms of financial aid that you might apply for.
- Be sure to include the University of Mississippi school code on your FAFSA: 002440.
Financial Aid Information if you are transferring to UM-Grenada:
- Financial aid does not "transfer" from one institution to another. Each institution must evaluate students’ eligibility independently of other institutions.
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the recommended date of February 15th.
- Send the data to us by using our school code (002440) on the FAFSA.
- Submit your MTAG/MESG application to the state office by the deadline. If you are transferring mid-year, be sure to contact the State Office of Financial Aid.
- Complete your admission file.
- Check with your current Financial Aid Office to make sure you have completed all requirements for a departing student.
- Read carefully any correspondence you receive from the Office of Financial Aid, the Office of Admissions, or other departments on campus.
For more information contact the UM-Grenada office at 662-227-2348.