Kenya Family Safari
July 19-28, 2012
The Academic Traveler is pleased to present a family educational travel program, Kenya Family Safari. This program gives kids and parents the opportunity to travel to new places, learn about new things and explore new cultures – together! Kids ages 8 – 18 are welcome to participate with parents (or grandparents, aunts, or uncles). Kenya has tremendous opportunities for kids of all ages, and we will…
Highlights for Academic Travelers:
- Look for the Big 5 – rhinos, lions, buffalo, elephants, and leopards – in the beautiful landscape of East Africa.
- Visit Nairobi, a thriving metropolis and one of Africa’s most famous cities.
- Visit with the baby elephants at an elephant orphanage near Nairobi.
- Enjoy a traditional dinner in the bush with Masai entertainment.
- See a Rothschild giraffe up close as you feed them from a raised platform.
- Visit the larges black rhino sanctuary in East Africa.
- Watch local buffalo and antelope visiting a watering hole from the hotel’s private veranda.
- Visit a local community center, and try your hand at beading and basketry.
- Travel to the Masai Mara for a game drive and for a bush dinner under the African skies.
- Enjoy a wonderful picnic on the shore of Lake Elementaita followed by a game drive where you will see thousands of flamingos.
- Tour a Chimpanzee Sanctuary and learn about this endangered animal.
- Learn about animal behavior and conservation efforts from local rangers.
Kenya Family Safari program cost ranges from $4,919 for children and $6,459 for adults (based on double occupancy). Payroll deduction is available for University of Mississippi faculty and staff. Painlessly pay for your trip over up to 12 pay periods.
Included in the program cost:
- pre-trip educational material
- roundtrip airfare (Memphis/Kenya)
- tours, safari fees, and park admissions
- 22 meals: 8 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches, 7 Dinners
Excluded from the program cost:
- transportation to/from the Memphis airport
- meals, other than those listed above
- additional travel insurance
The tour leader for Kenya Family Safari is Laura Antonow, director of the Academic Traveler program.
For more information visit the website at www.olemiss.edu/academic_traveler or contact Laura Antonow at (662) 915-6511 or email@example.com