Professional Development for School Administrators
The Division of Outreach and Continuing Education’s Institute for Education and Workforce Development
INSTRUCTIONAL LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE (ILI)
This institute also satisfies the OSL requirement
The Key To Student Achievement Is Instructional Leadership!
- Would you like to earn 70 SEMI credits or 5 OSL modules this year?
- Would you like to become a better instructional leader?
- Do you have inexperienced administrators that need a quick immersion in the best school leadership experiences?
- Do you have beginning level administrators who need additional credits to move to career level?
- Do you have experienced administrators who are stuck in old, ineffective ways of leading schools?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, then you could benefit from the Instructional Leadership Institute. The Instructional Leadership Institute will increase the capacity of school leaders to improve instructional practices–practices that can lead to higher performance by all students. The Institute focuses on what school leaders need to know and be able to do in order to provide the guidance and direction for sustained instructional improvement.
Trainers: Doug McQueen, Susan Rucker and others will offer the 5-day Instructional Leadership Institute (in a 1-2-2 day format) in the locations below.
Many of you have attended the Instructional Leadership Institute and have benefited from your participation. Many participants have called the ILI the best school leadership seminar they have ever attended. It should be. It is based on extensive research into the best leadership practices of business, military, and education. This research, conducted by the National Institute for School Leadership, makes this seminar the most soundly based leadership activity for school administrators. You may know of others in your district who could benefit from attending; please let them know about this opportunity.
Topics covered in the Institute
- Distributed leadership
- Analysis and use of data to drive improved instructional practice
- Effective practices in literacy and mathematics instruction
- How to promote knowledge through learning communities
- How to sustain improvements using leadership and systems thinking
The Institute includes five days of classroom activities, supplemented by several hours of independent reading and online work in preparation for class and time for journaling personal thoughts and reflections.
The application activities, complementing the core knowledge gained in the Institute, include diagnostic tools, a case study, a close textual reading, small and large group discussions, gap analyses and assessments, and follow–up actions designed to improve instruction in the classrooms.
Each participant that successfully completes the Instructional Leadership Institute (ILI) will receive 70 SEMI credits or 5 OSL modules from the Mississippi Department of Education.
|Instructional Leadership Institute (ILI)||$1,250 per person|
The University of Mississippi-Grenada Campus
1060 Avent Drive
Grenada, MS 38901
Phone Number: 662-227-3384
Toll-Free Number: 1-866-230-8239
June 28-30, 2011 and July 7-8, 2011
Register early, space is limited.
For more information: Contact Susan Rucker at 662-701-8150 or Mary Leach at 662-915-7847.